Ten years ago Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees and the Funders Collaborative on Youth Organizing (FCYO) helped launch Dream Summer, an annual national fellowship that empowers immigrant youth and allies to become the next generation of social justice leaders. Grounded in the value of creating a safe and healing space and promoting intersectional, cross-racial, and intergenerational approaches to social justice, Dream Summer is relevant as ever as youth leaders continue to agitate for racial justice and have helped put immigration reform back on the table for the first time in over a decade.
Join GCIR and FCYO for a discussion with leaders from the immigrant youth moment during this critical time.
- Fabiola Inzunza, City Planning Associate, Department of City Planning, Los Angeles, CA
- Karely Amaya Rios, Co-chair, IDEAS at UCLA
- Hugo Romero, Political Coordinator, Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO
- Anthony Ng, Dream Resource Center Director, UCLA Labor Center
- Marissa Tirona, President, GCIR
Register by Wednesday, May 5 at 4 pm PT.
Thank you for your interest in this program. GCIR's webinars and funder learning opportunities are made possible through the time and expertise of presenters from the field. In the spirit of transparency, GCIR will make available the list of webinar participants to presenters upon request, unless the registrant requests to remain anonymous (to register anonymously for this program uncheck the box "show in roster")
Photo credit: Poncho1