For the millions of immigrants residing in the United States without legal status, legal services are essential to securing a status adjustment and obtaining legal relief. It is estimated that 15 percent of undocumented immigrants in the U.S. are eligible for some form of legal relief, but without access to legal services, they may not have the information and support they need to apply. Given the challenges of navigating the complex immigration legal system, culturally competent, in language free or low-cost legal services can be a lifeline. Unfortunately, demand for legal services continues to far outpace the capacity of the sector, and recent developments – including the Covid-19 pandemic, the movement for racial justice, and the advent of a new presidential administration – have impacted the needs of immigrant communities and service providers. Join GCIR for a discussion – informed by experts from across the country – of the future of the immigration legal services landscape, along with a dive into our recent report 2022 Update: Immigration Legal Services in California: A Time for Bold Action.
- Sara Campos, Senior Program Officer, The Grove Foundation
- Anna Marie Gallagher, Executive Director, Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc (CLINIC)
- Jesus Martinez, Executive Director, Central Valley Immigrant Integration Collaborative (CVIIC)
- Luis Perez, Immigration Services Bureau Chief, California Department of Social Services (CA DSS)
- Kevin Douglas, Director of National Programs, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees (GCIR)
- Navin Moul, Program Executive, Zellerbach Family Foundation
Register by Tuesday, July 19, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in this program. GCIR's webinars and funder learning opportunities are made possible through the time and expertise of presenters from the field. In the spirit of transparency, GCIR will make available the list of webinar participants to presenters upon request, unless the registrant requests to remain anonymous (to register anonymously for this program uncheck the box "show in roster").