To help facilitate strategic, coordinated funder response to near-term humanitarian and legal services needs as well as longer-term systems change opportunities at the U.S. – Mexico border, GCIR is partnering with Hispanics in Philanthropy to host a second program focused on challenges at the border and the role philanthropy can play in response. This webinar will be a strategy session to coordinate action; influence and leverage localized funding efforts; and identify next steps to move resources in the region.
This series is open to interested funders in Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and California, as well national funders with the ability to deploy funds in these regions.
- Alexandra Miller, Esq., Border Action Team Managing Attorney, Florence Immigrant & Refugee Rights Project
- Dagoberto Bailon & Carla Bautista Chonay, Founders, Trans Queer Pueblo
- Daniella Burgi-Palomino, Co-Director, Latin America Working Group
- Felipe Navarro-Lux, Manager of Regional Initiatives, Center for Gender & Refugee Studies (CGRS)
- Isis Gil, Development Director, Puente
- Linda RIvas, Esq., Executive Director, Las Americas Advocacy Center
- Luis Guerra, Strategic Capacity Director, CLINIC
- Luz Gallegos, Executive Director, TODEC
- Odilia Romero, Co-Founder & Executive Director, CIELO
- Pastor George Miller, Pastor, El Calvario
Zakaria (Zack) Mohamed, Organizer, Trainer, and Movement Strategist, Black LGBTQIA + Migrant Project (BLMP), Transgender Law Center
Visit our registration page to register for Day II.