Monthly Immigration Policy Calls
Co-sponsors | Upcoming | Prior | Resources
As immigration policy becomes increasingly challenging and dynamic, GCIR is pleased to assume responsibility for the monthly policy calls that Geri Mannion of the Carnegie Corporation of New York has organized for the past few years. Held on the third Thursday of every month, these calls provide the latest updates on timely policy issues affecting immigrants and refugees—and explore issues that are particularly relevant or pressing for philanthropy. At critical junctures, we will also produce written policy updates and resource materials to deepen funders’ understanding of key developments and their implications for philanthropy. Please contact Aryah Somers Landsberger, director of programs, with your suggestions on topics, speakers, and resources to share.
As needed, we will also hold rapid response calls to consider the implications of emerging policies and other developments. These will be held on an ad hoc basis.
Calls are open to GCIR members, other grantmaking institutions, philanthropic advisors, and members and staff of funder affinity groups and regional associations of grantmakers. (Participation is limited to organizations that share GCIR’s core values.)
- Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers
- Funders' Committee for Civic Participation
- Funders for LGBTQ Issues
- Grantmakers Income Security Taskforce
- Grantmakers of Oregon and Southwest Washington
- Human Rights Funders Network
- National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy
- Neighborhood Funders Group
- Northern California Grantmakers
- Peace and Security Funders Group
- Philanthropy New York
- San Diego Grantmakers
- Southern California Grantmakers
If your grantmaker network is interested in co-sponsoring our Monthly Immigration Policy Calls, please contact Caleb Beaudoin.
- Monthly Immigration Policy Calls:
- October: No call
- Monthly Immigration Policy Calls
- September: Dreams in Limbo: A Look at the Future of DACA, Young Immigrants, and How Funders Can Respond
- August: No call
- July: Federal Policy Update and Q&A
- June: Trauma and Resilience: Supporting Immigrant Children, their Families, and Our Communities through Collaboration
- May: Recent Policy Developments and Their Impact
- April: What is at Stake in the Global Refugee Crisis?
- March: What Does the Future Hold for Immigrant Workers and their Families?
- February: Perspectives on Sanctuary Policies
- January: What to Expect in the First 100 Days
- Rapid Response Calls
- Post-Election Policy Outlook for Immigrants and Refugees, November 21, 2016
- Executive Orders on Immigration, January 30, 2017
- Review the presentation
A special thanks to GCIR members and funders for their support in making this programming possible.
Posted January 26, 2017 • Revised September 21, 2017