Immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers face myriad challenges in adjusting to their new communities, yet the strain of integrating is often underestimated. The integration process can exacerbate the challenges they face in workplaces, schools, and everyday interactions. Added to this is the new policy climate and rhetoric that is further impacting immigrant children and families. Building off GCIR’s prior webinar, “Trauma and Resilience: Supporting Immigrant Children, Their Families, and Our Communities,” this webinar will explore how organizations are addressing these issues. Particularly, it will examine efforts to integrate medical, health, and wellness services into legal services and other systems in communities across the U.S. and how funders are developing strategies that support and build on these initiatives.
- Caitlin O'Brien, MPH, Special Projects Manager, Scattergood Foundation
- Brett Stark, Legal Director and Co-Founder, Terra Firma
- Cathi Tillman, Founder and Director, La Puerta Abierta
- Monika Parikh, MA, MPA, Founder and Executive Director, Partnership for Trauma Recovery
- Negar Tayyar, Philanthropic Advisor, Global Whole Being Fund [moderator]
Registration for this event is now closed.
Our webinars are open to GCIR members, other grantmaking institutions, philanthropic advisors, and members and staff of funder affinity groups and regional associations of grantmakers. (Participation is limited to organizations that share GCIR’s core values.)
A special thanks to GCIR members and funders for their support in making this program possible.