Launched in 2012 in response to the opportunity presented under the Obama administration for hundreds of thousands of young people to qualify for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), GCIR’s Delivering on the Dream (DOTD) network has proven to be a powerful example of philanthropic collaboration in pursuit of immigrant justice. Through a unique partnership model that leverages national matching funds, state and local funders engage in coordinated grantmaking to strengthen the immigrant rights and service infrastructure in diverse locales. Since its inception, the DOTD network has included 27 collaboratives in 21 states, with more than 160 local, state, and national funders supporting over 700 grantees working in multiple areas, including immigration legal services, education and outreach, and crisis response.
Though DOTD in its current form will be sunsetting in 2023, many of the regional collaboratives will continue to convene, providing opportunities for local grantmakers to collaborate and respond to the needs of immigrants in their communities. Join GCIR and a panel of network stakeholders as we delve into a brand-new report which synthesizes lessons learned from the DOTD network over the past ten years and provides recommendations for future philanthropic collaboration.
- Rebecca Carson, Director, Inclusive Democracy Programs, Four Freedoms Fund, NEO Philanthropy
- Kaki Friskics-Warren, Executive Director, The Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund
- Rachel Griego, Senior Vice President, Community Innovation and Strategic Partnerships, Latino Community Foundation of Colorado
- Francela Chi De Chinchilla, Independent Consultant + DOTD Evaluator
- Kevin Douglas, Senior Director of National Programs, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees
Register by 9:00am on Monday, January 16, 2023.
Thank you for your interest in this program. GCIR's webinars and funder learning opportunities are made possible through the time and expertise of presenters from the field. In the spirit of transparency, GCIR will make available the list of webinar participants to presenters upon request, unless the registrant requests to remain anonymous (to register anonymously for this program uncheck the box "show in roster").