What happens after an immigrant is picked up by ICE? What government agencies are involved? And what happens in detention—or if an immigrant is released? Join this six-hour learning lab to learn about the journey of an immigrant in the United States’ immigration enforcement system, from apprehension and initial processing to detention and defense. Our panel of experts will cover cases of immigrants with varying statuses, consider broader trends in enforcement and detention policy and practice, and review how the legal service community has responded. Attendees will learn how philanthropy can respond to these developments, where there are funding gaps, and lesser known areas for impact.
- Anoop Prasad, Asian Law Caucus
- Avantika Shastri, Justice & Diversity Center of The Bar Association of San Francisco
- Eleni Wolfe-Roubatis, Centro Legal de la Raza
- Jenny Zhao, Asian Law Caucus
- Lisa Knox, Centro Legal de la Raza
- Raha Jorjani, Alameda County Public Defender’s Office
- Tess Feldman, Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto
- Valerie Zukin, Justice & Diversity Center of The Bar Association of San Francisco
- Bianca Sierra Wolff, California ChangeLawyers
Registration is closed.