Black lives. Indigenous sovereignty. Immigrants’ rights. International human rights. Climate change. Clean water. Food systems. Education.
No matter the issue, peaceful protest is fundamental to creating social change. As money floods our political process, voting rights are rolled back, and courts are captured, the right of the public to assemble, oppose governmental and corporate actions, and demand change and accountability is ever more critical. However, a multi-pronged assault on the right to peaceful protest is proliferating nationwide and jeopardizing all that we are fighting for.
Join us to hear from leaders on the front lines in conversation about the challenges they are confronting nationwide, how they are building alliances to fight back and win, and how funders are supporting new networks and campaigns to defend and champion our right to protest.
- Kylah Johnston, The People’s Lobby
- Liz Jackson, Palestine Legal
- Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, Partnership for Civil Justice Fund
- Nick Tilsen, NDN Collective
- Steven Renderos, MediaJustice
Please visit Piper Fund's registration page to register.
- Bay Area Democracy Funders
- CS Fund
- Funders' Committee for Civic Participation
- Funders for Reproductive Equity
- General Service Foundation
- Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees
- Justice Funders
- Neighborhood Funders Group
- Piper Fund
- RISE Together Fund