Find all program materials for GCIR's March 3rd, 2021 webinar, "Case Management: What is it and How is it Relevant to the Unwinding of MPP and Changing Policies for Asylum Seekers?" here, including the webinar recording, powerpoints and speaker resources.
Olga Byrne, Director of Immigration, International Rescue Committee
Karen Siciliano Lucas, Immigration Justice Campaign Director, American Immigration Council
Michelle N. Méndez, Director of the Defending Vulnerable Populations Program, CLINIC
Katharina Obser, Acting Director, Migrant Rights and Justice Program, Women’s Refugee Commission
- GCIR's March 3rd, 2021 webinar, "Case Management: What is it and How is it Relevant to the Unwinding of MPP and Changing Policies for Asylum Seekers?"
- Towards a Scalable Outcomes Driven Model of Case Management for Asylum Seekers
- Scaling up Case Management for Asylum Seekers - Slide Deck
- WRC's report evaluating the Family Case Management Program, the ICE-funded case management "ATD" program that was operational from January 2016 - June 2017.
- Fact Sheet that distills the data gathered from over 300 survey responses and highlights key findings from those results, including around funding and capacity needs.
- Accompanying Interactive Map of responding organizations and the services they provide.
Measuring In Absentia Removal in Immigration Court:
Denied a Day in Court: The Government’s Use of In Absentia Removal Orders Against Families Seeking Asylum, which includes FOIA disclosures analysis and individual case examples of the families we represented on motions to reopen. We issued this report in 2018 and updated it in 2019 to reflect our 100% success rate on motions to reopen on behalf of families released from family detention.
Identifying Legal Deserts:
Analysis from CLINIC of “legal deserts” as part of their work with formerly separated families - could be instructive in responding to MPP's dismantling. (linked below)