Following the CIII retreat, the legal services learning lab hosted a learning lab for funders for an important conversation on the move to end detention. Participants were moved by our inspirational leaders from across the country who are fighting to end the policy and practice of immigration detention.
Hearing the positive outlooks of the national landscape and the successful efforts against detention from outside of California, funders heard a series of case studies and strategies for fighting detention contracts and facilities in California, as well as shared lessons learned and reflections from this work. Read GCIR member, Sara Campos's reflection and view of detention.
We appreciate all the advocates and organizers who joined us for the time they shared with us both in the planning of the learning lab and in sharing their work with us. GCIR will continue to be in conversation with them about how to support the work moving forward. In the meantime, please visit the program page for presentation slides and resources shared by the speakers.
- Deborah Lee, Interfaith Movement
- Grisel Ruiz, Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- Hamid Yazdan Panah, California Collaborative for Immigrant Justice
- Jackie Gonzalez, California Collaborative for Immigrant Justice
- Kate Clark, Jewish Family Services San Diego
- Sandy Valenciano, California Immigrant Youth Justice Alliance
- Silky Shah, Detention Watch Network
- Eleni Wolfe-Roubatis, Immigrant Legal Defense
- Rini Chakraborty, Four Freedoms Fund
- Talia Inlender, Public Counsel
Please contact Huong Nguyen-Yap if you're interested in hearing more about our learning lab speakers and funding opportunities.