There is a movement afoot to count and draw district lines based on the total number of citizens of voting age. This is a radical departure from the historical approach of counting everyone included in the decennial census. This topic has far-reaching implications for the distribution of resources and services in our communities. It would also have significant impact on who is represented by our elected leaders and the constituencies to which they are directly accountable.
This webinar will share findings from new opinion research about using total population versus citizens of voting age when drawing district lines – and how to talk about this technical, yet important issue for communities and our democracy.
- Gary Bass, Bauman Foundation
- Sanjiv Rao, Ford Foundation (invited)
- Celinda Lake, Lake Research Partners
- Cathy Duvall, Fair Representation in Redistricting Initiative
- Bauman Foundation
- Funders’ Committee for Civic Participation
- Open Society Foundations
- United Philanthropy Forum
- Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees
Click here. The webinar link and dial-in information will be sent next week to those who RSVP.