Litigation against partisan gerrymandering around the country continues to make it way through the Judicial Branch to provide opportunities to both redraw unjust district maps and to fundamentally challenge how redistricting works in the United States. As we approach another pivotal redistricting period after the 2020 Census, join Funders' Committee on Civic Participation for a discussion with experts and litigators who are helping to lead this fight in the courts as well as other funder colleagues.
On this call, presenters will discuss:
- The current state-of-play for litigation efforts before the Supreme Court
- Where future legal battles against redistricting may arise
- How funders can plug-in and support work happening to combat unfair district maps
- Michael Kimberly, Lead Litigator, Benisek v. Lamone (Maryland)
- Ruth Greenwood, Co-Counsel in Whitford v. Gill (Wisconsin), Campaign Legal Center
- Michael Li, Brennan Center for Justice
- Erica Teasley Linnick, Open Society Foundations [moderator]
Registration for this event is now closed.