The United States is now less than two years away from “Census Day,” April 1st, 2020! Join a conversation about why the census matters and the role that philanthropy can play in ensuring a fair and accurate count. Data from the census drive key decisions made by government, business, nonprofits, and philanthropy. Although philanthropy cannot and should not supplant the government’s responsibility to ensure a fair and accurate census, funder engagement in support of the census is more important than ever.
Funders will learn about:
- Current policy landscape on important census issues.
- How funders can use their leverage to participate in census organizing at the national, state, and local level.
- The different ways funders have been convening their colleagues, stakeholders, and community leaders to learn about and strategize for a fair and accurate census.
- How funders are already planning for investments at the state and local level.
Participants will hear directly from funders on how they’ve been engaging at the state and local level, and leave with concrete next action steps for census engagement at both the foundation and/or community levels. The time to act is now!
- Elina Alterman, Kansas Health Foundation
- Marcia Avner, Bauman Foundation
- Terri Ann Lowenthal, Consultant to FCI
- Alexie Torres-Fleming, Access Strategies Fund
- Christian Arana, Latino Community Foundation [moderator]
Registration for this event is now closed.