July Monthly Immigration Policy Call: Federal Policy Update and Q&A
- Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers
- Funders' Committee for Civic Participation
- Funders for LGBTQ Issues
- Grantmakers Income Security Taskforce
- Grantmakers of Oregon and Southwest Washington
- Human Rights Funders Network
- National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy
- Neighborhood Funders Group
- Northern California Grantmakers
- Peace and Security Funders Group
- Philanthropy New York
- San Diego Grantmakers
- Southern California Grantmakers
If your grantmaker network is interested in co-sponsoring our Monthly Immigration Policy Calls, please contact Caleb Beaudoin.
Federal immigration policy is being reshaped from top to bottom. The new administration has instituted a wide range of major policy shifts. Join this call for a wide-ranging update on immigration policy, focused on recent news from Washington, D.C. An extended Q&A period will follow to allow participants to delve deep on the policy issues that most concern them.
- Kerri Talbot, Campobello Strategies
- Kamal Essaheb, Director of Policy & Advocacy, National Immigration Law Center
Registration is now closed.
Monthly Immigration Policy Calls
As immigration policy becomes increasingly challenging and dynamic, GCIR is pleased to assume responsibility for the monthly policy calls that Geri Mannion of the Carnegie Corporation of New York has organized for the past few years. Held on the third Thursday of every month, these calls provide an update on timely policy issues affecting immigrants and refugees—with an in-depth look at a topic that is particularly relevant or pressing for philanthropy. At critical junctures, we will also produce written policy updates and resource materials to deepen funders’ understanding of key developments and their implications for philanthropy. Please contact Aryah Somers Landsberger, director of programs, with your suggestions on topics, speakers, and resources to share.
A special thanks to GCIR members and funders for their support in making this program possible.
Posted June 21, 2017 • Revised July 21, 2017