[Co-Sponsored] 2018 Post-Election Briefing for Grantmakers
Tuesday, November 27, 2018
9:00 am - 5:30 pm EDT
1825 Connecticut Avenue, NW20009 Washington, DC
- Grantmakers Income Security Taskforce (GIST)
- Asset Funders Network
- Early Childhood Funders Collaborative
- Funders' Committee for Civic Participation
- Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees
- Neighborhood Funders Group's Funders for Just Economy
This November, the whole House of Representatives, a third of the Senate, 36 governorships, and many state legislature seats are up for election. The results of this year’s midterm elections will have an enormous impact in shaping the political landscape for years to come. Assessing the new policy and funding environment will be critical as we build compelling and successful agendas for advancing our work to support struggling families, workers and communities.
Please mark your calendars for this free, post-election briefing for funders. Join Grantmakers Income Security Taskforce (GIST) for interactive sessions on:
- The 2018 American electorate (who voted and why);
- How the election outcomes will impact opportunities and challenges facing families, workers and communities across the nation; and
- What the results mean for our work and emerging opportunities for alignment and collective action.
This briefing is offered free of charge and open to funders and philanthropic advisors only. Registration opens in early September. For more information, contact Cema Siegel.
Posted August 8, 2018 • Revised August 15, 2018