The goal of regional meetings throughout the state is to gather information from immigration funders about their priorities, needs and challenges, as well as to strengthen our relationships and increase participation outside of the Bay Area and Los Angeles. This will be an opportunity to hear what issues are rising to the top for the field and improve programs for collective learning and overall impact of CIII members.
Regional Meeting Goals:
- Provide federal and state updates on immigrant and refugees related issues
- Provide funders an opportunity to discuss strategies in the Bay Area for addressing issues through collaborative grantmaking and programming
- Provide an update on the distribution plan for the legal service assessment
- Hamid Yazdan Panah, Advocacy Director, Immigrant Defense Advocates (IDA)
- Jackie Gonzalez, Policy Director, Immigrant Defense Advocates (IDA)