[Co-Sponsored] 2018 Post-Election Briefing for Grantmakers
- Grantmakers Income Security Taskforce (GIST)
- Asset Funders Network
- Early Childhood Funders Collaborative
- Funders' Committee for Civic Participation
- Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees
- Neighborhood Funders Group's Funders for a Just Economy
This November, the whole House of Representatives, a third of the Senate, 36 governorships, and many state legislature seats are up for election. The results of this year’s midterm elections will have an enormous impact in shaping the political landscape for years to come. Assessing the new policy and funding environment will be critical as we build compelling and successful agendas for advancing our work to support struggling families, workers and communities.
Please mark your calendars for this free, post-election briefing for funders. Join Grantmakers Income Security Taskforce (GIST) for interactive sessions on:
- The 2018 American electorate (who voted and why);
- How the election outcomes will impact opportunities and challenges facing families, workers and communities across the nation; and
- What the results mean for our work and emerging opportunities for alignment and collective action.
FHI 360, 1825 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20009
The FHI Conference Center is located in Northwest Washington, D.C. in the heart of the Dupont Circle neighborhood. The conference center is located on the 8th floor.
- Red Line Metro Station: Dupont Circle
- From Baltimore and Points North
- From Richmond and Points South
- From Dulles Airport
- From Ronald Reagan National Airport
There are four parking garages nearby, whose locations and other information are available on this map.
A small room block has been reserved at the Washington Hilton, 1919 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20009, which is half a block from the meeting venue, for the nights of November 26 and November 27 at the group rate of $209 per night. Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-HILTONS and referring to group code GIST or via the online portal. The last day to make reservations in the block is Friday, October 12th. All reservations cancelled within 72-hours of arrival are charged one night’s room and tax.
Additional nearby hotels include:
Posted August 8, 2018 • Revised September 27, 2018