- Support research, including checking reference sources and adding proper citations, for informational resource
- Support Director of State and Local Programs in conducting informational interviews with field leaders and funder partners
- Provide support with program preparation and registration
- Assist Programs Associate in updating and cleaning up electronic files and inputting information in database, including Salesforce.
- Draft a blog post reflecting on takeaways from the internship
- Provide social media support
- Carry out other projects and responsibilities at the discretion of the Vice President of Programs and Director of State and Local Programs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working toward an associate degree in a relevant field
- A demonstrated commitment to a professional work culture with diverse perspectives.
- Ability to effectively work remotely while managing multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Recipient of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), Temporary Protected Status, Deferred enforced Departure, or Humanitarian Parole
- Proficient and consistent use of MLA- or APA- style, or equivalent, in citing sources
- Working toward a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
TO BE CONISDERED
GCIR is committed to building and retaining a talented, diverse, and inclusive team. Our team members represent diverse backgrounds, bring a wide range of educational, professional, and lived experiences, and contribute expertise from varied disciplines within the philanthropic, nonprofit, public, and corporate sectors. We welcome candidates of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. We strongly encourage Black, Indigenous, or people of color; women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, those from immigrant and refugee backgrounds, differently-abled people, formerly incarcerated people, and people of any and all traditionally marginalized identities to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Summer Internship” in the subject line. For priority consideration, candidates are encouraged to submit materials by June 17, 2022. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in this role and how your experience and skills are relevant. No phone calls or email inquiries, please.