Inside Philanthropy named Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees (GCIR) the 2017 Funders’ Affinity Group of the Year for the key role we played in coordinating funder pushback to the new administration’s anti-immigrant policies. And we’re just getting started. Immigration is a central and defining issue of our time. Join our dedicated, dynamic, and diverse team as we develop and carry out a vision to drive immigrant-related philanthropic investments for the next decade and beyond. Our staff members come from all walks of life—many of us with immigrant and refugee backgrounds, and some of us with non-traditional career paths. We are a values-oriented organization with a commitment to the personal growth, professional development, and mentorship of all staff members.
GCIR works with more than 130 member foundations and the broader philanthropic community to inform, connect, and catalyze funders to address pressing issues facing newcomers and the communities in which they live and work. GCIR’s thought leadership and expertise position philanthropy to adapt to demographic trends, respond to policy developments, engage with cross-sector partners, and support timely and innovative efforts to advance equity, inclusion, and justice for immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers. With offices in the Bay Area, as well as remote staff in Washington, D.C., GCIR works with grantmakers across the country in both traditional immigrant destinations and newer gateways.
Duties & Responsibilities
The part-time accounting and administrative clerk reports to the director of operations and works approximately 24 hours a week at our Sebastopol office.
Accounting & Administration
- Process accounts payable, accounts receivable, and expense reports
- Maintain cloud-based and physical vendor files
- Review and finalize staff credit card expense reports and cash reimbursements
- Reconcile credit card statements
- Scan and maintain accounting-related documents to be in compliance with GCIR’s retention and destruction policy
- Enter and update contacts
- Assist with database clean up
- Monitor inventory and purchase office supplies and equipment
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Schedule staff meetings, office cleanings, and other events as requested
- Manage internal gifts (birthdays and holiday)
- Monitor and maintain administrative email account and calendar
- Update emergency toolkits as indicated in the disaster preparedness plan
- Undertake additional duties as needed
Skills & Qualifications
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, GCIR is committed to building and retaining a talented, diverse, and inclusive team. We strongly encourage women, people of color, those from immigrant and refugee backgrounds, and other minorities to apply. Our team members represent diverse backgrounds; bring a wide range of educational, professional, and lived experience; and contribute expertise from varied disciplines within the philanthropic, nonprofit, public, and corporate sectors.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following skills, experience, and characteristics:
- At least two years of experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and systems, as well as experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software
- Meticulous organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness, efficiency, and timeliness in completing work
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Outlook
- High degree of comfort with technology and ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Proficiency with databases, particularly Salesforce
- High School Diploma or GED preferred but relevant work experience is more essential
- Interest in the immigrant/refugee rights field is important
Salary Range is $20 - $25/hr depending on experience.
Please email a letter of interest along with a resume to Harmony Hayes. This position will remain open until the right candidate has been identified. No phone calls but email inquiries in advance of applying are welcome.