The potential benefits of successful immigrant integration to the broader society are significant:
- A vibrant, cohesive society shared and valued by established and newcomer residents of different experiences, histories, ethnicities, and backgrounds.
- Revitalization of declining communities through the contributions of immigrant families working in tandem with their native-born neighbors.
- Stronger communities with the ability to meet wide-ranging needs; address racial, ethnic, and economic diversity; and enrich the social and cultural fabric of our society.
- Increased productivity and a robust economy through an expanded base of workers, consumers, taxpayers, and entrepreneurs.
- Global competitiveness through a multi-lingual, multi-cultural workforce.
- A more vibrant democracy in which all groups are accepted as equal members of society with the opportunity--and responsibility--to engage and contribute to the common good.
- A more secure America where all members of society--regardless of race, national origin, or socio-economic status--live in dignity and equality.